These are some common names for Finger Millet in India. A traditional super-grain (gluten-free) which contains three times the calcium in milk.
Today we are going to share this super simple recipe for your kids and family to relish with an extra dose of nutrients.
This is an age-old traditional recipe from granny’s bouquet. Most importantly a very healthy pre and post-workout snack. We have used our own produce for this recipe and it's really worth trying.
- 2cups of finger millet flour
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 cups of jaggery
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 4 green cardamom
1. Take a pan and heat ghee.
2. Roast the finger millet flour until you get a nice aroma. Allow this to cool.
3. Dry roast peanuts, cashews, and almonds. Allow it to cool.
4. Dry roast the sesame seeds and allow it to cool.
5. Dry roast the desiccated coconut in low flame.
6. Grind together peanuts, cashews, almonds, sesame seeds, coconut and cardamom into a fine powder.
7. Now blend the jaggery powder and roasted flour.
8. Take a mixing bowl and mix together the blended mixture and grounded powder.
9. Grease your palms well with ghee.
10. Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into balls.
Note: Roll into balls before it cools down completely for best results.
And your energy balls are good to serve!
Do share your recipes with us and don't forget to share your thoughts in comments below!